When you need surgery, you don’t have to go far for outstanding care - the right doctors are right here at Abbeville Area Medical Center. From general surgery and urological care to orthopaedics and ENT, we’ve got you covered. Our surgeons, anesthesiologists and nurses will provide you with attentive care before, during and after your surgical procedure.
As a smaller hospital, we deliver care with a personal touch, giving you the attention you deserve at a time when you need it most. As a patient, you are known by name, not your room number or medical condition. We treat you with respect and dignity, always striving to do everything we can to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
With a great team of primary care physicians and specialists who work side by side with highly skilled nurses and clinical staff, we are the smart choice for you and your family’s health care needs. By providing personal, compassionate care along with a level of advanced technology not typically found in a smaller community hospital, you can rest assured we will provide you with top-notch medical care.
Your safety is a number one priority for us and we care for you in a clean and safe environment. We’re proud of our extremely low rate of hospital-acquired infections. In fact, the hospital has been recognized for its extremely low post-operative and post-hospitalization infection rate. This shows how our entire staff is dedicated to better outcomes for our patients, taking great care of them before, during and after their stay. We also exclusively use MD educated anesthesiologists for surgical procedures.
Have questions about your surgery? We’ll be happy to answer them! Because we believe that knowing what to expect will make your experience a little easier, we’re available from 7:00am to 4:00pm. Call us at 366-3255.
Surgical services provided include:
- General Surgery – A full range of general surgery procedures including Endoscopy, Thoracic surgery, Lung surgery, open breast biopsy, partial & total mastectomy, lymph node dissection, needle localized breast biopsy, chest wall surgery, chest tube placement vascular access surgery, laparoscopic surgery, hernia surgery, cholecystectomy (gall bladder), appendectomy, anti-reflux surgery, GI tract & trauma surgery.
- ENT – Routine ENT procedures including endoscopic sinus surgery, tonsillectomy & ear tubes
- Gynecological –Advanced operative laparoscopy, Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic hysterectomy, Dilation and curettage, Laparoscopic biopsies, Hysteroscopy for uterine fibroids, Endometrial Ablation, Tubal Ligation & Surgeries for urinary incontinence
- Orthopedic – Arthroscopic knee & shoulder surgeries, tendon and nerve repairs, sports injuries, fracture repair & General orthopedics
- Scopes – Bronchoscopy, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, laryngoscopy & flexible sigmoidoscopes
AAMC Physicians Who Perform Surgical Procedures: (click on each name to learn more about the physician)
Scopes – Christopher Ceraldi, MD
ENT – Kevin Rust
General Surgery - Christopher Ceraldi, MD
Orthopaedic - Lee Patterson, MD
; Charles Gray, MD; Anthony Timms, MD
; John King, MD
; Richard M. Christian, Jr. MD
Urology - Michael Turner, MD