Abbeville Neurology offers a full range of services enabling us to evaluate, diagnose and treat a wide range of neurological problems. Neurological illness are varied but can cause symptoms including numbness, pain or loss of sensation, dizziness, sleep disturbances, memory problems, tremors, alterations in awareness and headaches to mention a few.
We can treat patients with migraine, epilepsy, sleep disorders, peripheral neuropathy, Alzheimer’s dementia, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, multiple sclerosis, and children with headaches, epilepsy, and other neurologically based childhood diseases.
Our services include:
- Dermal biopsies as part of diagnostic testing for neuropathies
- Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) & Electromyography Studies (EMG)
- Routine and 72-hour ambulatory EEG’s
- Botox injections for the treatment of chronic migraine headaches, spasticity and dystonia
- Computerized neurocognitive testing to evaluate memory/cognitive problems
- Neuroimaging including CT and MRI scanning
- No-invasive vascular imaging
If you are scheduled for a Neurological Consultation, you will be asked to bring a list of current medications with you. Prior to your appointment, please let staff know if you have had any previous diagnostic studies such as CT or MRI studies, nerve conductions studies or EEGs performed within the last six months.
During your consultation, the neurologist will interview you and perform a neurological examination. The consultation will determine a course of action or whether further study is necessary.
All consultations and studies are performed by a neurologist and our associated technologists. A referral from your physician is recommended to make an appointment.
Appointments are available Monday – Friday.